Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shag

So this sort of has to do with fashion, because hair and makeup are a HUGE part of that realm, but I was a model for a photoshoot yesterday.  It was for SHAG Salon in South Boston (http://shagboston.com/) where my best friend, Liz, is a stylist.  So I wore a beautiful Dolce Vita lace dress with some printed tights from Anthropologie and my triple fringe Minnetonka moccasins.  Another best friend, Maribeth, did my makeup, which was intense, as you can see. But then again, so was my hair...and outfit. But I feel like that's always "in" at some time or another-- edgy and loud. Here's a photo from the salon shoot:

and my purple-haired (people-eater) friend making fishtail braids

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and edgy! Minnetonka mocs are the best. Also, my roommate did a shoot for Shag a while back, I wonder if you would know her?:

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1488682937155&set=a.1362224935784.2046033.1236390057&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, great look! Loved the pickle post as well. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to learn how to do those fishtail braids. They were very pretty and exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you get some guys fashion on here. I'm always tryin to up my style....

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mocs, one thing you didnt mention was that bracelet with the studs (more my speed for accessories) where is it from?

    ReplyDelete