Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quick Cooking

I feel like there are so many quick meals out there...I mean, there's your typical frozen entree or grilled cheese, mac&cheese...the list goes on and on.  Once in a while, I like to have fun with these kinds of meals.  Instead of just provolone on two slices of wheat, I'll grab two slices of Challah bread (my favorite) and a slice a provolone along with either muenster or swiss (or whatever else I have).  It won't stop there because I'll either cook up some bacon or slice an avocado and/or tomato.  YUM.

Today, I was craving mac&cheese (Annies of course), and I also had some asparagus.  I wanted breadcrumbs for the asparagus but I didn't have any, so here's what I used instead: oil, crushed up croutons, garlic salt (grinder), adobo.  I threw this all in a frying pan with the asparagus and cooked it for a few minutes while the mac was cooking.  it came out SO good.  I think I'll crush up croutons in place of breadcrumbs more often.  Oh yeah, I drizzled some balsamic vinaigrette on there as well.  While it looks neat and lovely on the plate, I ended up cutting the asparagus and mixing it in with my mac&cheese...best decision I've made today.

What are your favorite "quick meals"?

1 comment: