Monday, November 14, 2011

the best of both worlds

cheeseburger pizza.


Nope...it doesn't get much better than this.  I had it for the first time at this amazing pizza place in Falmouth for the first time last summer.  First of all, the restaurant is called Stone L'oven...um, amazing. (http://www.stoneloven.com/) If you're ever in the Cape, please go there.  The sweet potato/bacon pizza is seriously to die for. To DIE for!
So anyways, I made cheeseburger pizza a few times in my own kitchen because it's just that good and worth it to attempt replication.  I knew the sauce was just ketchup and mustard, which sounds like...ew...at first, but trust me, it's perfect.  So you've got the dough, spread that out, cover it in ketchup and mustard, then sprinkle cheese on it.  I think I used cheddar jack or monterey jack, but I mean, all cheese is beautiful, so whatever you want to use is fine.  I cooked the hamburg meat with some chopped up onions in a frying pan and once that was done, i threw it on top of the cheese along with tomatoes and pickles (claussen dill, of course).  The pickles kind of make it.  You can improvise and add whatever you want, but this is all it really needs.  I could eat cheeseburger pizza every day and be totally okay with that.

4 comments:

  1. This post definitely has me salivating for a nice pie....cheeseburger pizzas are incredible; in fact the ketchup and mustard almost make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have instilled in me a strong desire for hamburger pizza. I also like your simple instructions and friendly tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Pizza looks delicious. It is so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, pickles on pizza. I've been making pizza a lot lately because it's about all I have time to "cook." My friend introduced me to putting brown sugar on traditionally Hawaiian pizza that was really good.

    ReplyDelete